Guidelines Regarding Proofreading Support for Graduate Students
Students at OSIPP, Osaka University can apply for funds in order to have their theses checked by professional proofreading services.
Details of the Support
The subsidy is limited to 60,000 yen per case. If the proofreading fee is less than 60,000 yen, the full amount will be paid.
The subsidy is provided only to graduate students enrolled in the master program and the doctoraal program (you cannot apply while you are away from school). It is available only once per fiscal year.
Applications must be accepted during the periods; “1st of August – 31st of August” or ” 1st of December – 10th of January” (Please note that due to end-of-year processes, we can only accept proofreading receipts from April to the end of December, and cannot receive for receipts from January to March.)
How to Apply
Applicants who wish to receive a subsidy should fill out the form “Subsidy Application Form of English Paper Proofreading for Graduate Students (「英語論文校正費助成申請書」)”and submit it to their supervisor with a receipt (in the name of the applicant) (PDF) by email.
If the Research Promotion Committee decides to subsidize the English proofreading fee, a “Notice of Subsidy Decision (「助成決定通知書」)” will be sent to the supervisor and the student applicant.
Procedure after Notification
- Subsidized graduate students should submit a set of the following evidence documents to their supervisor
- A printed copy of “Subsidy Application Form of English Paper Proofreading for Graduate Students (「英語論文校正費助成申請書」)”
- A printed copy of “Notice of Subsidy Decision (「助成決定通知書」)”
- An invoice with details
- The receipts issued by the proofreading company (original)
- A printed copy of the proofed paper (main page).