Course Code 138104 ／Semester Spring, Summer
Day and Period Wed 6th period
Course Name(Japanese) Practicing Global Leadership(実践グローバルリーダーシップ)
Credits 2 ／Eligibility／Student Year 1,2,
Instructors Yoshiaki NOMURA, Takahiro SHINYO, Akira KAMITOMAI , Satoshi NISHIJIMA
Language of the Course：Japanese
At a Glance
Subtitle Learning Leadership by Class Management
Eligibility No restriction Schedule Semester Spring, Summer
Room OSIPP 2F Lecture Theater
This course, by participating in the class management with instructors, sponsors and guest speakers, aims to improve the participants’ understanding of leadership and their effectiveness as leaders.
1. We invite real leaders in various fields as speakers to discuss their experience and aspiration as leaders.
2. Participants have ample opportunities to think about the global problems and its possible solutions through dialogues, discussions and reflections with speakers and among themselves.
3. A leadership camp is scheduled to facilitate making good learning environment, mutual understanding among participants and to have extensive discussions and practicing leadership skills.
Wednesday 18：00～20：10 including a lecture (40 minutes), Q & A, discussion (40 minutes) , planning and reflection (40 minutes).
This course is limited to 25 students.
Please submit your statement by email explaining why you wish to take this course to the mail address below in accordance with the following forms. Within one page in A4 format, noting the date of submission, your name, registration number and your email address. Your email must be addressed to <email@example.com> and must include in the subject “2018 PGL (your name).” You are expected to submit the above by April 30, 2018 for good evaluation.
Leadership Camp: Schedule will be announced shortly (2017 Leadership Camp was held from May 18(Sat) to 19 (Sun))
Place: Pasona Group Educational Facilities in Awaji Island, Hyogo
1. The participants can improve their effectiveness as leaders by participating in the class management, collaborating with instructors, sponsors and guest speakers.
2. The participants can improve their understanding of leadership by learning from the guest speakers who have shown marvelous leadership in various fields.
This course is part of the Global Leadership Program. Students can learn leadership more effectively by taking other courses in this program. Other courses are: Thinking Leadership Seriously (Second Semester, Wednesday, 6th period); Learning Leadership with Business Leaders (Second Semester, Thursday, 4th period).
Ronald A.Heifetz, Leadership on the Line (Harvard Business School Press, 2002).
Joseph S. Nye, Jr., The Powers to Lead, (Oxford, 2008).
Sharon Daloz Parks, Leadership Can Be Taught (Harvard Business School Press, 2005).
Hirata & Rengyo, Komunikashiyon-ryoku wo Hikidasu (Drawing Communicative Powers) (PHP,
Kimitoshi Hori, Introduction to Workshop (Nikkei Press, 2008).
1. (a)Preliminary Statement+(b)Leadership actions in the preparation for and in the classes and Class Performance＋Reflection Sheets＋Peer Reviews+(c)Final Report
2. Class attendance is required at all sessions. No one will be allowed to complete the course who is absent from class without proper notice.
Messages to Prospective Students
Wanted: Students who wish to share the objective of the course and enjoy the time of cooperation for organizing and managing the classes.
Yoshiaki Nomura: firstname.lastname@example.org